Most of us are becoming painfully aware of the continuously present “chatter” that goes on in our minds! The creative and not-so-creative thoughts are popping up left and right and our mind is extremely occupied talking to itself most of the time.
Unfortunately most of these thoughts and “conversations” are the ones we are not always consciously aware of – and yet all this thought exchange and flow is our main baseline against which we compare our own experience of reality.
This ever present mental conversation seems like it has a life of its own, but it can be guided, tuned down and gently directed towards the outcomes that we as higher beings are striving for.
That is why all spiritual teachers, including Shakti Gawain, consider visualization affirmations as a crucial part of the process of creative visualization. Shakti Gawain defined creative affirmation phrases as:
To affirm means “to make firm”. An affirmation is a strong, positive statement that something is already so. It is a way of “making firm” that which you are imagining. — Shakti Gawain
Shakti Gawain affirmations contain a collection of simple and very powerful statements that, when repeated and used daily, integrate and become part of our thought patterns. When that happens, we are consciously guiding and “nudging” our subconscious self towards the goals and outcomes we set for ourselves as part of our creative visualization journey.
Shakti Gawain Affirmations
Here are some of the Shakti Gawain affirmations from her book “Creative Visualization”. After this list, I'll also mention some of the guidelines Shakti Gawain recommends for anyone wanting to either start using these or create their own, custom creative visualization affirmation power sentences.
- Every day in every way I’m getting better and better.
- Everything I need is coming to me easily and effortlessly
- My life is blossoming in total perfection
- I have everything I need to enjoy my here and now
- I am a master of my life.
- Everything I need is already within me.
- Perfect wisdom is in my heart
- I am whole and complete in myself
- I love and appreciate myself just as I am.
- I accept all my feelings as part of me.
- I love to love and be loved
- The more I love myself, the more love I have to give others.
- I now give and receive love freely
- I am now attracting loving, satisfying relationships into my life.
- My relationship with __________ is growing happier and more fulfilling every day.
- I now have a satisfying, well-paying job.
- I love doing my work, and I am richly rewarded, creatively and financially.
- I am an open channel of creative energy.
- I am dynamically self-expressive
- I enjoy relaxing and having fun.
- I communicate clearly and effectively.
- I now have enough time, energy, wisdom and money to accomplish all my desires.
- I am always in the right place at the right time, successfully engaged in the right activity.
- It’s okay for me to have everything I want!
- This is an abundant universe and there’s plenty for all of us.
- Abundance is my natural state of being.
- Every day I am growing more financially prosperous.
- The more I have, the more I have to give.
- The more I give, the more I receive, and the happier I feel.
- It’s okay for me to have fun and enjoy myself, and I do!
- I am relaxed and centered. I have plenty of time for everything.
- I am now enjoying everything I do. I feel happy just being alive.
- I am healthy and beautiful!
- I am open to receiving all the blessings of this abundant universe!
- _______________ is coming to me, easily and effortlessly.
- I have a wonderful job with wonderful pay.
- I do a wonderful service in a wonderful way.
- The light within me is creating miracles in my life here and now.
- All things are now working together for good in my life.
- I am now attuned to my higher purpose in life.
- I now recognize, accept, and follow the creative and divine plan of my life as it is revealed to me step by step.
- I give thanks now for my life of health, happiness, and self-expression.
— Shakti Gawain Affirmations
Here are some of the most important guidelines Shakti Gawain recommends to her students when it comes to properly structuring affirmation phrases for their creative visualization practice. Shakti originally published a much longer list in the chapter called “Affirmations”.
- Always phrase affirmation in the present tense, not in the future. It's important to create your desire as if it already exists. Don't say “I will get a wonderful new job”, but rather, “I now have a wonderful new job”. This is not lying to yourself; it is acknowledging the fact that everything is created first on the inner plane, before it can manifest in external reality. — Shakti Gawain Affirmations
- Always phrase affirmation in the most positive way you can. Affirm what you do want, not what you don't want. Don't say, “I no longer oversleep in the morning” but rather, “I now wake up on time and full of energy in the morning”. this ensures that your are creating the most positive possible mental image. — Shakti Gawain Affirmations
- In general, the shorter and simpler the affirmation, the more effective. An affirmation should be a clear statement that conveys a strong feeling; the more feeling it conveys, the stronger impression it makes on your mind. Affirmations that are long, wordy and theoretical lose their emotional impact and become too mental. — Shakti Gawain Affirmations